Goa Carbon Limited manufacturing Calcined Petroleum Coke will pursue this Environmental Policy that will ensure:
- All relevant activities and products and services are assessed for environmental aspects and potential environmental impacts and their mitigation.
- Use of energy efficient systems, conservation of resources, recycling and reuse of materials.
Compliance to legal and other statutory obligations and company commitments which relate to GCL's environmental aspects.
- Awareness of environmental responsibilities at relevant functions and access to suitable training.
- Awareness of environmental responsibilities by all sub-contractors personnel working on behalf of the company.
- Monitoring of environmental performance through regular audits.
- Regular management reviews of set environmental objectives targets and continual improvement in environmental performance for prevention of pollution.
Dr. A. B. Prasad
7th July, 2005